Herein I blog.
7 July 2011 UNICEF.org UNICEF hosts briefing on corporate social responsibility and children
7 June 2011 UNICEF.org UNICEF co-hosts consultations on first-ever global standards for child-friendly businesses
17 December 2009 ONE.org blog “Rolling Back Malaria”
30 November 2009 UNICEF.org “Launch of Children and AIDS: Fourth Stocktaking Report”
16 October 2009 UNICEF.org “Young people speak out at event focused on Child Participation”
5 October 2009 UNICEF.org “UNICEF ‘Progress for Children’ report advances child-protection goals”
30 September 2009 UNICEF.org “Paris Commitments on protecting child soldiers gain support among UN Member States”
26 June 2009 UNICEF.org “Youth leaders gear up for Junior 8 Summit, to parallel upcoming G8 meeting in Italy”
17 June 2009 UNICEF.org “Ten years on, the Machel Study cites continued abuse against children in conflict”
16 April 2009 UNICEF.org “UNICEF consultation takes on challenges facing indigenous and minority children”
24 July 2007 UNICEF.org “Ewan McGregor and Charley Boorman take the ‘Long Way Down’ to support landmine education”
UNICEF correspondent Amy Bennett reports on how educational programmes in Colombia are helping children recover from emergency situations and a legacy of turbulent times. Produced by Amy Bennett and Eduardo Cure. Narrated by Amy Bennett.
For more information,visit Education and Transition.
Shown at the opening of the Consultation on Indigenous Peoples and Minorities Issues, hosted by UNICEF in New York on 15 October 2009. Produced by Amy Bennett and Eduardo Cure. Read the article by Amy Bennett.
UNICEF correspondent Amy Bennett reports on the launch of ‘Children and AIDS: Fourth Stocktaking Report 2009′. Read the article by Amy Bennett.
UNICEF correspondent Amy Bennett reports on the Ministerial meeting on implementation of the Paris Commitments relating to the use of children in armed conflict. Read the article by Amy Bennett.
UNICEF correspondent Amy Bennett reports on this year’s UN Web4Dev conference, hosted by UNICEF. Read the article.
UNICEF correspondent Amy Bennett reports on efforts to rehabilitate learning centres for children in Gaza.
VIDEOS FOR YOUTH
UNICEF correspondent Amy Bennett reports on a child participation event at UNICEF House in New York. Read the article by Amy Bennett.
VIDEOS FOR CLIENTS
New York Fashion Week 2010, Ralph Lauren (via http://www.Stylewiz.com)
Calvin Klein Mens Underwear Ad Launch (VNR)
Paris Fashion Week 2010 for Chanel, Lanvin and Max Mara (via http://www.Stylewiz.com)
AMY ELIZABETH BENNETT
515 West 110th Street, #1B | New York, NY 10025 | (212) 932-9168 | c: (917) 548-9717
email@example.com | twitter: amyelizbennett
OBJECTIVE: Multimedia Producer
LLNS (formerly Lyonheart) New York
Interactive Quality Control Officer (May 2010 – Present) Freelance
Oversee multimedia content for use online, in interactive presentation software and in e-mail
Consultant Production Manager (January 2010 –March 2010) New York
Company’s core clients included Nintendo, Calvin Klein, Donna Karan, 3-M, L’Oreal
- Re-organized this multimedia marketing company’s production department by hiring new staff, implementing better scheduling procedures, and improving communication between departments.
- Executive producer for New York Spring Fashion Week coverage; managed 17 shoots to deliver produced video pieces and B-roll for 8 clients to national, local and web-based broadcast outlets.
- Coordinated production operations from initial client booking to product delivery.
- Scheduled shoots, booked crews, produced segments, scripted and tracked video pieces.
UNICEF New York
Assignment Editor and Producer (2006 – 2010)
- Assigned and managed local/international production of at least 20 Web stories and video packages per week for online distribution. Managed production staff of 8. Coordinated multimedia projects.
- Organized and streamlined story production for UNICEF.org (90 million page views per month).
- Improved quality control for incoming video; supervised video editing and distribution to internal UNIFEED distribution system, The Newsmarket (direct to broadcasters), social media platforms.
- Produced video packages, wrote scripts and Web text, and copy edited Web stories as needed.
IAG Research (Nielsen IAG) New York
Associate Managing Editor (2005 – 2006)
- Managed roughly 120 writers and editors during live nightly production of IAG’s primetime television surveys and metrics.
- Conducted final edit on survey product.
- Trained writers and editors and oversaw all aspects of their workflow.
Freelance New York
Writer/Producer (2004 – 2005)
- Developed copy and field produced for MTV’s university channel.
- Served as media representative for non-profit Global Peace Initiative.
FOX News Channel New York
Assistant/Booker/Writer “The Big Story” (May 2002 – June 2004)
Writer/Producer, Fox News “Edge” (July 2001 – April 2002)
David Stone Communications (project basis) New York
Associate Producer / Client: University of Pennsylvania (April 2001 – July 2001)
Associate Producer / Client: The City of New York (August 2000 – November 2000)
CBS News New York
CBS News Foreign Desk /Associate Producer (January 1997-December 1997)
CBS Evening News /Assistant to Dan Rather/Production Staff (September 1994-January 1997)
Proficient in Microsoft Office, Adobe Photoshop, Final Cut Pro, various Content Management Systems and knowledgeable about social media and blogging platforms
Columbia University School of International and Public Affairs New York
Master of International Affairs (May 2000) Focus: International Media and Communications
Pepperdine University Malibu CA
Bachelor of Arts in International Studies/Communications (1991)
Completed overseas summer programs in Florence, Italy, 1989 and 1990
Why Water on Mars?
Water on Mars is future-thinking, discovery, imagination. It’s a little science fiction, sure, but maybe you’ve noticed that geek is chic these days. Today’s multimedia might be overrun with tedium and taken over by corporate interests, but it’s also that exciting new frontier for a lot of people, and there’s so much room for creative growth. Media, whether old, new or social, is like water on Mars: we found it, now what do we do with it?
I am available as a consultant, a freelancer, and a full-time employee. My strengths are creative story-telling, video production, team management, social media relationships, writing and wrangling.